3- 4 people
Make this delicious Calves Liver, Bacon, and Onion Gravy that you can make at home by using our Sloane's Calves Liver and Smoked Bacon.
1x 300g packets Sloane’s Calves Liver
1x 250g packet Sloane’s Smoked Bacon
500ml Sloane’s Onion Gravy
1kg large potatoes
Salt & pepper
- Cut your potatoes into 3-4cm chunks and boil in lightly salted water until soft. Once soft, drain and leave to steam for 5 minutes before mashing.
- Finish the mash by placing the milk and butter in the pan used to boil the potatoes, return to the heat and warm gently until the butter has melted. Add the potatoes and mash using either a potato masher or potato ricer.
- Stir well and season with salt and pepper.
- In a hot griddle pan, first cook the bacon turning once until cooked through and crispy. Season the liver with salt and pepper and in the same pan (with the bacon fat still in) sear the liver for about one minute each side, leaving the middle slightly pink.
- Warm the onion gravy in a pan until hot through.
- Spoon the mash onto four warmed dinner plates, place the liver and bacon on top and pour the gravy over the dish.
Prepared and sliced Calves Liver, ready to pan fry or grill. Our Rose Veal come from a small farm in Pak Chong.
Hot Smoked Bacon
All our Hot smoked bacon is dry cured with no water added to give a better more flavorsome bacon. Our American style bacon is made from the belly, dry-cured and then hot smoked over beech wood before slicing, to create a crispy style rasher.
Our pork bones are roasted and slowly simmered for 8 hours to produce a rich stock. This is then reduced and cooked with slow cooked onions and fresh thyme.