Dinner, Quick Meal, Lunch
Meatballs are easy to make at home, but of course even easier to just buy our meatballs. To make it even more simple take a look at our range of tomato pasta sauces too. I’ve recommended Mafadle pasta for this. Mafadle also known as Reginette, Mafalda or Mafaldine, is a type of ribbon-shaped pasta. It is flat and wide, with wavy edges on both sides. We produce three sizes, but have used the medium size here. Another option would be a wide ribbon style pasta like Papadelle, but prefer to keep this sauce lighter and the wavy edges help hold the sauce.
200g smoked bacon, chopped small
500g ground beef
500g ground pork
4 garlic cloves
1 cup dried breadcrumbs
4 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
1/2 teaspoon hot smoked Spanish paprika
4 tsp chopped fresh Oregano
2 tsp Lemon zest
2 tsp salt
1 tsp Black pepper
- Mix the meats together with the seasoning, milk and breadcrumbs. Let this rest for a while in the fridge for the flavours to develop and then roll into small balls.
- In an extra large pan gently saute the meatballs until golden all over.
- Remove from the pan and add the onions and garlic, using the fat from the meatballs to cook them.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 5 minutes before adding the wine.
- Reduce down then add the passata.
- Bring to the boil, season, then add the meatballs.
- Cover the pan with a lid and slowly cook for 20 minutes.
- Once done, season well and add a little pasta water to the sauce if it’s a little too thick.
- When ready, bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and add your pasta (fresh mafadle usually takes about 4 minutes).
- Once the pasta is done, remove from the water, and in a large pan mix in with the meatballs and sauce and a splash of the pasta cooking water.
- Serve into your dishes and grate some Parmesan or Pecorino over the top and a few twists from a pepper mill.
Our fresh Mafalde ribbons are made with free-range eggs and semolina flour. Also known as Reginette or Mafaldine. It’s a flat and wide with wavy edges on both sides. It is prepared similarly to other ribbon-based pasta such as Papadelle and fettuccine.
Pork & Bacon Meatballs
Our Pork & Bacon Meatballs A mix of fresh pork, smoky bacon and herbs. Perfect for a classic meatball dish. Contains gluten
Roma Tomato & Basil Sauce
Made with Roma Tomatoes grown for us in Chiang Mai. Our tomato sauces are made by slowly roasting the tomatoes and cooking with onions, garlic and fresh Genovese Basil. Paired with a packet of Scarletta fresh pasta makes a quick easy meal.