3- 4 people
Although its most common to grill or bake a sausage, here’s a simple recipe that gently braises the sausages keeping all the flavour in the sauce. This recipe is great with a meaty garlic sausage like a Butifarra or an Italian style sausage like our Italian Fennel.
500g Sloane’s Butifarra or Italian Fennel sausages
250g Sloane’s Streaky Bacon, diced
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 onion, halved and thinly sliced
4 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
500g small waxy potatoes, sliced 15mm
½ lemon, zest and juice only
4 fresh bay leaves
2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
salt and freshly ground black pepper
120ml Sloane’s Chicken Stock
- Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Heat half the olive oil in an oven proof dish
- Add the sausages and fry until nicely browned all over, remove sausages from the pan and set aside.
- Add the onion, garlic and bacon with the other tablespoon of oil to the casserole dish and fry until soft and lightly golden.
- Stir in the potatoes, sausages, lemon zest and juice, add bay leaves and half the chopped parsley
- Season with the salt and black pepper.
- Pour the rest of the oil, along with the stock into the dish, cover tightly with the lid and bake for 20-30 minutes until the potatoes are soft.
- Remove from the oven, sprinkle over the remaining parsley and serve
Dry-cured Streaky Bacon
All our bacons are dry cured with no water added to give a better more flavorsome bacon. Our streaky bacon made from the belly and sold ‘green’ (unsmoked).
Our Chicken broth is a rich, gelatinous chicken broth perfect for a soup, stock or drunk as a bone broth. Made from our naturally raised chickens without the use of hormones or antibiotics.
A Butifarra is a meaty Spanish semi-cured pork sausage with lots of garlic. Perfect for grilling in a BBQ.
Our Italian Fennel sausages is a classic Salsiccia di Finocchio. A meaty sausage flavored with toasted fennel seeds. Great grilled, but also a great ingredient to use in a ragu.